Monday 19 November 2012

Maison Martin Margiela - Bruton St

After visiting the H&M and Maison Martin Margiela collaboration I headed down to their store on Bruton Street. Firstly, there was no one in the store apart from me and a friend. After about 10 seconds a sales assistant appeared from nowhere looking a bit disheveled and wearing a lab coat(??) She then followed us around the store as we were looking and literally stared at us the whole time not saying a word. The store itself had a kind of warehouse feel to it and was a bit stripped back, which looked really good. The VM in the store was consistent throughout and there was an obvious theme. After visiting the collaboration at H&M, I can't really see any link? The VM is completely different and so is the product. The Maison Martin Margiela main line had some bright colours and some really wearable pieces like a bright pink silk shirt dress and an acid green chunky knit jumper but not many products like those in the H&M collaboration. I much preffered the design and quality of the main line product to that of the collaboration. But the sales assistant completely ruined the experience for me and was so creepy, she made it really uncomfortable. 

Like always I wasn't allowed to take pictures in the store so I only have a few pictures below: 





Maison Martin Margiela: Bruton Street, London

No comments:

Post a Comment