Monday 19 November 2012

Maison Martin Margiela for H&M

On Thursday I visited the opening of H&M's most recent collaboration with Maison Martin Margiela at their Regents St store! The whole experience was very well organised with no pushing or drama with each group of 20 customers alotted a time slot of 10mins. I got to the store at half 10 and was told there was no way I would get to see the collection until at least 1pm as all the wristbands for the time slots were gone. I didn't bother to wait and just took as many pics as I could while I was there. I was not particuarly impressed with this collection, maybe it's because I'm not really a fan of Maison Martin Margiela anyway, I don't know. There were quite a few people who were clearly big fans of Maison Martin Margiela and were buying bags and bags full of stuff. The collection seemed to be selling quite well but there were no queues for the menswear section and when I had a look there was quite a lot of stuff left with staff bringing out more from the stock rooms regularly. I don't really feel like there was anything inspirational about the collaboration at all, although I'm sure there will be some people who disagree with me! The pieces for the collection were all very unique which I feel will look awful on the people that can't pull it off. Plus the quality of the pieces was very cheap with most being made in China yet costing quite a lot to buy! A few years ago I visited the H&M and Lanvin collaboration which was so much more impressive! The positive thing I would say about the collection is the branding was good. The bags, boxes, tickets, hangers etc were all consistent and quite simple yet looked really expensive. Below are all of the pics I took on the day:

Ladies window:




Mens Window: 



In Store:











Ladies wear: 






Mens Wear:



Product and Packaging:









H&M: Regent St, London



No comments:

Post a Comment